Wednesday, July 17, 2013

DAHL DAY

I totally missed out on today’s trip to the Roald Dahl Museum! So mad with my feet, but nothing for it. After hospital (I would move to the U.K. for their health care system alone; it is FABULOUS), managed to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane. Absolutely incredible. Actually ended up going with my flatmate, who was kind enough to offer to take the bus with me. After two buses and staggering around for awhile, one of those bicycle/people-powered little two-seater rides pulled up alongside of us and we ended up climbing in. And a great time was had by all. So the day was redeemed. That Sam Mendes is a force to be reckoned with, and the theatre itself is such a treasure.


I tried to look for a few “small things” on my way back from hospital. Really a good assignment to think about on a regular basis. I just don’t think to peer over balconies, or at seemingly innocuous things, but there is a great deal of truth in the precept of ‘beauty in the details.’ Take time – stop and look – breathe, listen, enjoy . . . .   




1 comment:

  1. Great pics and wonderful perspective of a day redeemed! It is all in how you look at it! Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete